Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chipolopolo inflict shock of death.

Today is the 12th of February two days to Valentine but am not going to bed not thinking of romantic fantasies but saddened by the loss of my football team.  The Chipolopolo(copper bullets) won the 2012 African Cup of nations to Cote d'ivoire my country of birth. I knew all along that Ghana (Blackstars) wouldn't go far because they seemed unprepared and lacked organization so I had been cheering for the 'elephants'. Three days ago, I was in a heated argument with a boy we spent about an hour talking on who would win the finals. At that time Zambia had not yet kicked Ghana out and I remember saying 'if Ghana gets to finals with Cote d'Ivoire I will support elephants wholeheartedly'.
  Now, am brokenhearted twice. It was always fun to have a Plan B so that if Ghana dissapointed I could rely on Cote d'Ivoire.
Anyways all the best to Zambia it was an epic game and it is awesome that the won the cup for their lost teammates.On 27 April 1993, a Zambian Air Force Buffalo DHC-5D which was carrying the team to Senegal for a 1994 World Cup qualification match crashed, killing all 30 passengers, including 18 players and a number of coaches.
I am off to bed..

No comments:

Post a Comment