Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Purpose driven life.

  I read a book some time ago, that narrated the experience of a woman who had been to heaven. She said God sent each of us on earth for a purpose  it could vary from just helping a single person during our whole lifetime or  impacting a number of people.Also most of the friends or people we see and have an instant liking to were those who we had chosen to be our helpers on earth to achieve that purpose.
  So, I have been in a pensive and meditative mood for a week now. It all started when I went to this worship concert with my sister.. it was a memorable one. The atmosphere was electric, I felt transported to a secret place where it was me and God. And, what  was the medium of transport? Music! I am passionate about music.. could my purpose have anything to do with it?? Hmm
   The following day met with a good friend of mine, he has amazing talent for writing poetry and motivational words. Most of the time we just joke around, tease each other but on this occassion we found ourselves talking about the people in our lives. He categorized them into three; reason,season and..(ohh I forgot ) . Anyways, I realized that everyone I had come in contact with was for a reason. When that dawned on me I realized I had friends that never heard the good news and were not impacted. Another question  popped into my mind what if these people God placed into my life were there to help me achieve the purpose God has for my life?
  Later this week I read one of my favourite blogs and guess what was the post for the day...yeh you guessed right. It was; what is your life purpose? It had an article on Clayton M.Christensen a Professor at Harvard who researched and found out that the world's best students at Harvard Business school had never really thought about their purpose in life. He decided to spend an hour immensing himself meditating, praying and pondering what was his purpose and finally he figured it out. He believes is the most important thing he has ever achieved. Are you willing to take that challenge with me?
Questions to ponder:
1. What is your purpose in life?
2. Are you working towards it?









No comments:

Post a Comment