Translate

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Did I step into a circus or class?

Hey Guys, remember I mentioned previously that I was attending a PR/Marketing class? Well, tomorrow will be my last day and frankly I am elated as well as saddened by this fact. Why elated? Because, going for this class in the evenings was not easy (fine, I admit laziness) because I had to contend with traffic, hunger and tiredness. On the other hand I am saddened because of the uniqueness of the people in my class.
The class takes place in a small hall that has existed for more than five decades but, which surprisingly is still in relatively good shape except for the cracking sounds of the floor boards whenever it's stepped on. There is only one door which serves for entry and exit. Thus, whenever one is late and enters the class he/she comes face to face with the lecturer and students. Although, there is only one door and a few windows the temperature is always cold. I literally had to wear a sweater to class everyday. Why? Because some  ancient air conditioning system decided to punish us with  freezing cold air.
Despite all these elements I enjoy the class because of the students. We are about thirty people from different backgrounds, religion,jobs and even ages.
The student body varies from a Hajjiah who is a midwife who relates every marketing or PR question with scenarios she had in the labour ward or in her clininc. She uses every opportunity to market the services that are available in her clinic like adult circumcision etc. Can you imagine??
Next, we have a funny guy who works at a local radio station called Peace fm. Everything about this guy is hilarious; his smile, his clothes( bright neon shirts) and his english. He has a thick Ashanti accent(if you are Ghanain you will know) so, most of his l's are pronounced as r's. It takes a huge effort for him to say a complete sentence in english. When he finally does I have a huge grin on my face. I absolutely like this guy, he will make you happy every time.
Then we have the "three high class babes". They always come in late, looking fresh with their brazillian weaves cascading down their backs. Sometimes instead of staring at the lecturer I will be staring at their heels or their designer bags!
So, by tomorrow I will have a PR/Marketing certificate and the great thing about it will be how fun it was learning in the class that seemed more like a circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment