Translate

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why music is my religion.

Everyday I wake up from dreamland only for my eardrums to be assaulted by a cacophony of noises.
Birds chirping incessantly outside my window, my neighbours bickering about something trivial or someone shouting my name as if the whole world depended on my response to survive.
That is when I yearn to return to that place of serenity, where it is Me and my thoughts.
So, I put on my earphones and in a matter of seconds I am shut off from the world.
All becomes still,quiet and peaceful.  Just as the earth was without form and void in the beginning of creation. Then I press the play button.
Immediately, I am ushered into a musical realm.  And, it as if God pronounced those magical words "let there be music", and there was music.
But, the creative process does not end there. The sound begins subtly and rises up to a frenzy.  It starts with two sticks hitting each other then a tin of foil which sets the tempo, guitar strings being strummed and a pair of piano keys being played. A symphony has begun.
I am transported to another world.  I become oblivious to baby wails, police sirens, car honks, and all other deafening noises.
I close my eyes and wrap myself in that liquid love, that musical serenity.  The melodious voices and pulsating rhythms drown all my worries and fears.
Then I become one with the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment