Translate

Friday, August 24, 2012

Visa Process 1

Sorry people for not posting for a while now. I have been soo busy from getting my visa to attending two evening classes; one on writing skills and the other on PR.

I am proud African and Ghanaian but at times I have regrets. An example of such a time is when I am applying for a visa. If you are a third world citizen and have ever applied for an international visa you would understand my sentiments.  It can be compared to Darwin's survival of the fittest theory. In this case the prey was me trying to escape from the strange guards, the slow process and all the other formalities I had to go through.

I started my visa process in May! Can you imagine...I had to first get the requirement list which is eighteen items long.
I had to get a police report
I had to go for a medical report
Legalize my birth certificate in Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire ( Although I'm Ghanaian the Spanish embassy insisted that the document needed to be legalized in country of birth)
 Send legalized birth certificate to Foreign Affairs.
Get letters from my University here and others from the University in Spain. etc
The process was tiring and I just got the visa last week. I had to call the embassy three times although they were pretty mad when I did. The third time was the charm, if I had not called I wouldn't have known my visa was ready.

P.S there will definitely be a part two (2). Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment