Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Visa Process 2

I would not have taken so long to write the sequel if I had not gotten my visa. I am sure I would have been ranting and blaming the embassy but since I escaped that ordeal, it has made me complacent.
 Guess that is the same thing that happens with childbirth right? During labour, women go through the worst pain ever but when the baby is out and they are staring into their child's eyes all the past pain is forgotten.
 Anyways this is no excuse, my sincerest apologies.
 On to the story, I was called on my phone twice to report to the embassy. One of the most annoying things about this particular embassy is the fact that people queue outside the entry gate waiting for the guards to grant them entry. And, to make make matters worse the main entrance is adjacent to one of the busiest streets in Accra so all those who go through this visa process are likely to be stared at by passerby's, commercial cars and all sorts of people. It is embarassing! All I want is a student visa for a year not a resident permit...furthermore there is recession affecting most of the European countries. Why would I want to stay there??
Next,  the door is opened up for you, there are routine security checks and you are ushered into a small hall (my livingroom is even bigger) where you join another queue. There one meets all manner of people. Some coming from small towns all over the country who have been waiting for their visas for ages, business women and young guys applying to schools outside.
I wonder why Africans like travelling out so much, if you tell me to go through this process again I would decline. I have applied for several visas but this particular process was very ANNOYING.
The worst part of it was when I went for the visa and opened my passport... I saw a three month visa!
So, as usual I asked a whole lot of questions to the guy behind the counter and he said " Don't worry, when you reach there your school will help you extend it to a year". I was so confused, why would they give me a three month visa when I specified I was going to be schooling for a year??
When I came back home and showed it to my mum she was like " so is for this three month visa that you went through all of that stress".
 Thank God I am through this, and I'm gonna enjoy all I can from this visa because I worked for it.
Hasta la vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment