Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rainy Season +PMS+??? = Poor Psyche

So, I have not been in the greatest of moods for some time now. It seems like the heavy clouds full of rain are not only hovering in the Accra skies but also on top of my head. The weather, PMS, and the visa process am going through are causing my mood to go foul. All of these are just frustrating!!
To make matters worse my Dad's van broke down today and I had to push it with a couple of drunk guys and in the drizzling rain :-(
Don't get me wrong I love the rain because I was a rainy season baby. I used to wear my swimsuit and dance in the rain before anyone could see and shout at me when I was a kid. One of my guilty pleasures was sipping warm chocolate and listening to songs from the eighties all wrapped up in my bed but this particular rainy season just feels depressing. I am thankful nonetheless,for the random events that bring a smile on my face like having a great session at Summer Shakespeare(Nubuke) or teaching my Spanish students or chatting with friends.
I don't know why I am even writing but it feels therapeutic. Writing thoughts on paper really helps probably that's the reason musicians write most of their best love songs when they are depressed.

Note to Guys: Whenever ladies are in such moods just listen. DO NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND! I don't think we understand ourselves.
 P.S Icecream and cookies can work magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment