Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursdays.

I want to establish this day as one where I can share with my readers all that I'm greatful for during the week.
This week I am greatful for the ability to cook several African dishes...Yes, it's true I just finished cooking 'Placali'(Ivorian food) with okro stew and it was toothsome. Mmmm!!
Then I realized that I knew how to cook different types of African food because I was blessed to be surrounded by an international community in my school as well as our family friends. I feel like bragging a little so I'll write a list of all the dishes I can do and which African country they are from.
Ghana- Eto, Omo tuo, Jollof Rice, Waakye etc (Except Fufu)
Cote D'Ivoire- Attieke, Fufu(different from Ghana's),Placali
Senegal-  Tchep.  I have to learn how to do Yassa it's way tastier than tchep!!
Morroco- Couscous.
Kenya-   Matoke. My Aunt taught me how to cook Chapati but I've forgotten :(

Next week I will try and do Yassa. It is a Senegalese dish and the ingredients are easy to get namely; mustard,chicken,onions, garlic and it is eaten with rice. I loved it the very first time I ate it hope it turns out great. I used to wish I would marry a Senegalese man.. their food is basically rice*huge grin* and they are usually really tall. Hehehe
Great recipe sites below.
http://www.foodbycountry.com/

http://www.whats4eats.com/appetizers/akkra-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment